Summer is definitely here in the UK at the moment – it was 32 degrees today and I don’t think I can cope much longer with it! Anyway, I decided to make some summery drinks for the hot weather, and even remembered to photo them so that I could share the recipe with you all! I hope you like them, and hopefully this will be the first of many recipes on my blog over the summer…
Ingredients (for one):
- Ginger beer
- Gin (one shot)
- Basil (a handful)
- Fresh ginger
- Mint (a handful)
- Lime (one slice)
- Crushed Ice (lots of it!)
- In a tumbler glass, add the crushed ice
- Finely slice the basil, ginger and mint and add to the glass
- Using a muddler, crush the ingredients in the glass
- Add a shot of gin
- Fill the glass with ginger beer
- Garnish with a slice of ginger, lime and a sprig of mint!
- Don’t want alcohol? Simply skip out step 4 – it will still taste equally as good!
- If you don’t have a muddler, use the flat end of a rolling pin instead
- Use lots and lots of basil! It tastes really good in the drink, and I’m sad I didn’t use as much as I should have!