I’m so sorry for the huge delay since my last blog post – I’ve simply just been too busy! Hopefully I’ll be able to post more frequently now, starting from today with this recipe from the summer that I created. It’s a simple dessert that combines some of my favourite summer flavours, and so I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Ingredients (to serve 4):
- 4 scones
- Jam of any flavour (I used strawberry)
- 4tbsp clotted cream
- a handful of mint
- 4tbsp Pimms (optional)
- a handful of strawberries (plus 4 slices for serving)
- a handful of cherries (plus 2 for serving)
- 4tbsp whipped double cream
- Cocoa/cacao for dusting
- In 4 ramekins, crumble half of the scones (into pieces of around 1cm)
- Add the jam followed by the clotted cream and around 3-4 mint leaves, cut into small pieces
- Evenly pour the Pimms over the desserts
- Add the strawberries, cherries and then crumble the rest of the scones over the desserts
- Top with the whipped cream, a light dusting of cocoa/cacao and a slice of strawberry and cherry.
- Make sure you eat this dessert as soon as possible, as the scone tends to dry out quickly!
- If you don’t have Pimms, you could also soak the scones with orange juice