Hi guys, I’m really sorry about the lack of posts recently, as I have been extremely busy with exam revision and other things too. I wanted to give you another recipe but didn’t have long, so thought of a classic breakfast dish with a slight twist, which worked a treat. It’s extremely simple to make (taking under 5 minutes), tastes amazing and is pretty healthy too. I hope you all enjoy it!
Ingredients (for 1 serving):
- 2 slices Irish soda bread
- 1 large or 2 small eggs
- 1tsp butter
- 15ml milk
- 1tsp Italian seasoning or mixed herbs
- tomato ketchup (optional)
- 20g cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, add the butter and allow to melt before adding the milk.
- Heat for around 20 seconds, and then add the egg(s).
- Whisk until the mixture is well combined, and then heat on a low temperature, stirring often
- Once the egg has fully scrambled, add the Italian seasoning and cheddar cheese, and then leave to one side
- Toast the soda bread to your preference, butter, and then spread over a layer of ketchup
- Heat the scrambled egg again over a low heat until hot, and then serve
- When scrambling eggs, it is important that you scrape the bottom of the pan with your spoon to remove the egg that has scrambled, otherwise it will burn!