After creating my banoffee egg custard tarts (which was a great success in my household!), I had a bit of Shortcrust pastry left over. Not wanting to waste it, I decided to make some snacks, and with a preference for savoury food, I created these cheese and pepper Shortcrust bites.
- Shortcrust pastry
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Black pepper
- Roll out the pastry so that it is around 2mm thick (you want it as thin as possible)
- Grate cheese over the top of the pastry, and then grind over some black pepper
- Press the cheese and pepper gently into the pastry, before using a cookie cutter to cut out 2cm discs of the pastry
- Place these Shortcrust bites onto a sheet of greaseproof paper and then cook at around 200C/ 180C Fan for around 10-15 minutes – you want them to be crispy!
- Allow to cool and then serve!